In short, this year's plan in to double the number of raised beds we have from five to ten, rotate beds for all of last year's crops, and introduce a bunch of new things. I'm sketching it all out now and will post pictures when complete.
Last year was such a learning experience. So this time around, we're eager to make good on our mistakes and take it from there. At a high-level:
- More compost in the soil to improve density and water retention
- Try to leverage trellises more to increase available growing space and yield.
- More spinach (and planted earlier)
- Better crop timing and succession
- Trying to use one crop to improve another (e.g., growing lettuce and greens under the cucumber trellis during the warmer summer months)